These are tailored to supplement regular classroom instruction and are usually held 6 days a week. Transportation, food and some entrance tickets may require additional payments. The actual fees will be specified in the monthly calendars.
As part of the activities, one of our professors will always be present in order to enhance this valuable experience from a linguistic point of view.
You are strongly encouraged to participate in all of these activities in order to enrich your cultural knowledge, to meet other students, to get to know the teachers better and to enhance your involvement in Italian culture and society.
This is yet one more thing that also sets us apart from other language schools in Italy.
Palio time! For those who wish to get a better understanding and learn the real meaning and issues connected to the historic Palio horse races of Siena (July 2 and August 16), we organize a special program of activities during the Palio period so that students together with our professors can get involved in each step of the Palio and absorb this unique and thrilling pageantry to the utmost.
Trimester and Academic Year students will be glad to know that the co-curricular cultural & social activities calendar is different each month. Our professors will vary the calendar according to student requests and interests.
Here are examples of activities which may be organized in a typical month:
- Practical orientation tour of Siena;
- Cultural tours and guided visits to museums in Siena;
- Conferences on several Italian Culture topics such as: opera, journalism, politics, music, history, art, Mediterranean diet, etc..;
- "Cine Club" - Italian movies and operas shown in Italian with Italian subtitles with producers such as: Bernigni, Bertolucci, Troisi, Fellini, Germi, Moretti, Muccino;
- Excursions and walks in the Sienese countryside;
- Tours to some of the most interesting towns of Tuscany (San Gimignano, Pienza, Florence, Lucca, Chianti, etc.);
- Wine tasting and typical products (cheese, salami, prosciutto, etc) tastings in Siena;
Please note that the minimum number of participants required for activities that take place on campus is five and for those taking place outside the school is eight.