Since 1990 Dante Alighieri Siena has been providing university and college students with high-quality, cost-competitive study abroad programs in Italy. In our Study Abroad Programs students are encouraged to fully take advantage of their stay in Italy. Learn Italian not only in the classroom but through your everyday life in Siena. Our on-site lectures, academic excursions, visits to museums, field trips, hands-on cooking classes and internships will surely broaden your learning experience. Culture courses and seminars are taught in English so you can fully understand subjects we cover such as: Art history and Architecture, Italian History, Performing Arts, Literature, Anthropology, Economy, Health and Nutrition amongst others.
Choose from the following programs for college credit:
Choose from the following for more information regarding our specialized programs for high school students, services we offer for faculty-led programs and for more info about alumni programs:
to visit full website click danteabroad.org
What past students say:
"Rome is Rome but Siena is home"
- Candace Call: "Dante Alighieri is truly an amazing school. They are dedicated to helping students with whatever they need and giving them a fun and professional learning experience. Everyone here is so helpful and kind and you feel like you become part of a family. The school itself is beautiful as well. I highly recommend studying here. It has been such an unforgettable experience and I am sad to leave."
- Pablo Dumas: "The Dante Alighieri School is no less than the best school for Italian, and here is why: the teachers are superb. The students are friendly. The lessons are very helpful."
- Lindsey Komes: "My experience at Dante Alighieri has been great! I have learned much more here than at school at home, in just a few weeks! In addition, the staff is extremely helpful when organizing other leisure activities for students."
- Nick Rizzi: "Coming to Dante was one of the best experiences I have had so far in my life. The entire staff is extremely nice and helpful. The staff goes out of their way to make sure every student feels welcome and that they provide an environment conducive to learning."
- Chrissy Nash: "Dante Alighieri is a wonderful school that has helped my Italian skills get better and they’re helpful with planning weekend trips."
- Elaine Goodall: "Dante Alighieri is a wonderful school to study Italian. All the teachers are dynamic and well organized. I like being in a class with a variety of students of different ages and changing classes to accommodate each student’s needs and goals."