The Research Office in Methodologies for Teaching Italian Language (URSILI) at the Dante Alighieri Siena school has created a course for Italian language L2/LS instructors. The program has been built according to the most recent Glottodidactic theories and in harmony with the contents of the European Commission for Foreign Languages.
AGG - aggiornamento insegnanti
This specialized course for Italian language instructors focuses primarily on the contemporary models of teaching a non-maternal language in the home country of native speakers, as well as teaching students a non-native language learned in their own country. Emphasis is given on the most updated didactic materials as well as on the professors' roles in the class.
The primary goal is therefore to indicate a path to stimulate participants' analysis and reflection on the different aspects of communicative competence. The program provides advice and practical tips on the role that the Italian language instructors must take in the classroom and on the didactic choices to be carried out.
The course has the distinction of combining the theoretical analysis to the practical operation: through observation of lessons taught by DA's professors, the participants become aware of the problems that the transition from theory to practice inevitably entail. In the morning, participants have the opportunity to experience live the teaching techniques used, are involved in some activities carried out by the Italian language instructors, and as such are able to experience first-hand the classroom environment.
In the afternoon specific workshops will be held where participants analyze and discuss together with the professor any doubts, opinions, and suggestions that may arise during the observation in the morning classes.
Length of the program: 1 week - Total number of Lessons: 25
- 12 hours of internship in a class (Mon. - Thur – 3 hrs per day)
- 8 lessons on teaching theories (Mon-Thu, 2 lesson in afternoons
- 3 hous of workshop (Friday 9:10 – 12:30)
- 2 hrs lesson on-site devoted to the development of cultural competence (Friday afternoon)
- 1 cooking session
- Language teaching approaches and methods - varieties of Italian
- The Learning unit: steps and techniques - The new operating models in language teaching
- The European Framework
- The role of the teacher and the teaching materials
- Analysis of educational materials: the creation of working groups based on the number of participants.
- Building a UD: creation of working groups based on the number of participants.
Starting dates on any Monday of the year:
Euro 550.00 + 70.00 Euro administration fee didactic material included
Course is guaranteed regardless the number of participants
Accommodation, meals, and anything else not specified above are not included
Compulsory strating dates:
- April 11th – 15th
- August 22nd – 26th
- October 17th – 21st
Euro 480.00 + 70.00 Euro administration fee didactic material included
Course is guaranteed regardless the number of participants Accommodation, meals, and anything else not specified above are not included.
PDF in italiano